- Varanasi is also known as Kashi, banaras and city of light
- Varanasi is a city located on the bank of river Ganga in the north India
- State of Uttar Pradesh it is also the oldest cities in the world
- And the spiritual capital of India, one of the most famous colourful and
- fascinating places on earth.
Along the city winding streets are some 2000 temples of Hindu God including Kashi Vishwanath temple, Sankat Mochan temple, Kal Bhairav temple, Durga temple and Mrityunjaya temple. According to popular belief , most of these temples date back to the medieval era. Given the fact that Varanasi is flooded with these numerous place of worship it is hardly an enigma why Varanasi is called, The city of temples